Touch 'n Foam Expanding Sealants are interior and exterior insulating products that stop household air infiltration by expanding to fill cracks where standard insulation is ineffective. They create an airtight, weather-resistant bond that seals out drafts and blocks insect and pest intrusion.
Important – read all directions and cautions before use.
- Always wear gloves, eye protection and work clothes.
- Use drop cloths.
- Product is flammable during dispensing – turn off sources of ignition prior to use.
To promote adhesion, surfaces must be free of oil and dirt. Connect straw onto adapter, then carefully screw onto valve. With trigger assembly attached, shake can vigorously for 30 seconds.
- For optimal results, first practice dispensing foam onto scrap materials with the can in an upright position. The product is now ready to be applied while holding the can in any direction.
- For best results, apply in temperatures between 60° and 100°F (16° and 38°C), and with 40% or greater relative humidity.
- Fill gap no more than 1/3 full, allowing room for expansion. Do not overfill.
- Foam will continue to dispense for a few seconds after releasing the trigger – keep the straw tip moving to reduce the possibility of overfilling.
- Foam is tack-free in 30 minutes and dries in 4 hours.
- Excess foam can be trimmed, sanded, caulked or plastered as necessary.
- Direct sunlight discolors foam if not painted or covered.
If wet foam contacts skin, clean immediately with acetone or nail polish remover containing acetone – do not use water. Do not attempt to remove cured foam with solvents – cured foam wears off and is not harmful to health. For more information call 1-800-325-6180 M-F, 8-5 central time.
- To store unused portion, bend straw back and attach to the knob atop the dispensing trigger.
- Store can upright below 90°F (33°C).
- Product can be reused within three weeks if stored properly.
- To reuse, cut the end off the straw (removing any cured foam), shake well and apply as directed.